1 cup (130g) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (65g) whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 cup (240mL) mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup (120mL) low fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup of canola, vegetable, or corn oil
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1 large egg or 2 large (60 grams) egg white
1) Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) and place the rack in the center of the oven.
2) Spray on 8″ by 4″ (20cm x 10cm) loaf pan with non stick vegetable cooking spray or wipe vegetable oil on aluminum foil.
3) In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas with baking soda and yogurt. Allow to sit while you prepare the rest of the batter.
4) Meanwhile in separate bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, egg/egg white, and vanilla extract.
5) In another large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt.
6) Then combine the banana mixture with the oil mixture and then add the flour mixture. Stir just until all the ingredients are moistened. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
7) Bake for 45~55 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clear.
8) Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
Makes one loaf (about 12 slices)