Spicy Thai Chicken Wings
20 chicken wings, arm of the wing intact
1 tsp cracked black pepper (5ml)
tsp ginger, freshly grated (10ml)
15 g garlic, freshly chopped (15ml)
1 Tbsp palm sugar, grated (15ml)
1 Tbsp soy sauce (15ml)
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (30ml)
2 Tbsp lime juice (30ml)
1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce to taste (15 –30ml)
6 lime wedges (optional garnish)
Cilantro leaves to taste (optional garnish)
1. Rinse chicken wings with cold water and pat dry. Place wings in a large glass bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine pepper, ginger, garlic, palm sugar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, lime juice and chili garlic sauce and stir to evenly combine. Add the wings and toss evenly with the marinade. Place the wings in the refrigerator and allow them to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of overnight.
3. When ready to bake the wings, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Place the wings on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, turning them half way through. Wings are done when they look shiny, golden brown and have a bit of a crispy edge around them.
5. Serve with your favourite hot sauce.
6. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro if desired. Serve with mango salad (see recipe).