Cocoa Roasted Almonds
Yields: 16 snack-size servings
- 2 c (280g) raw unsalted almonds
- 1 tbsp (5g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp (2g) Truvia
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking tray, and bake at 350°F for 5 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven, shake it back and forth to move around the almonds, and continue to bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly fragrant and toasty.
- Cool the almonds on the tray for 1-2 minutes, then carefully pour into a medium bowl. Add in the cocoa powder and Truvia, and stir to coat all of the almonds. Pour them back onto the baking tray into a single layer to cool.
Notes: Substitute your favorite sweetener in place of the Truvia. If you prefer a sweetener that actually “dissolves” into the cocoa powder, use powdered sugar.