- 250 grams pork ribs
- 1.5 litres water
- 1 corn on the cob cut to large chunks
- 2 carrots peeled and cut to chunks
- 3 dried scallops
- 200 grams cabbage (Beijing Cabbage/高丽菜/卷心菜 ) torn or sliced to smaller pieces
- salt to taste
- shiitake mushrooms
- tofu skin/ fu zhu
- Blanch pork ribs in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. Take out the pork ribs, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a soup pot, add blanched pork ribs, carrots, dried scallops, corn, 1.5 litres of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cabbage and boil for 10-15 minutes till cabbage leaves are soft and translucent. Season with salt if needed.
Adapted from http://www.noobcook.com/chinese-cabbage-soup/2/