- 200 grams ikan bilis/anchovies/江鱼仔 (roughly 200 grams per tray)
- Rinse the ikan bilis (anchovies) in two changes of water (more if the type you bought is extra-salty).
- Pat dry the ikan bilis on paper towels and arrange them one flat layer on a baking tray. For best results, allow to air dry for about an hour before baking.
- Bake the ikan bilis in a preheated oven of 180°C for about 10 – 15 minutes, until they just turned a lovely light brown.
- Use a spatula to stir and spread the ikan bilis evenly, then continue baking at 200°C for another 10 minutes, or until they turn a shade of golden brown. Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.