- 1.5 pound tomatillos, husked (Superior Market)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 serrano chile peppers, minced
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 handfuls cilantro
- 2 pinches of dried oregano
- ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- bit of chicken cube
- 1/4 cups water
- Place tomatillos, onion, garlic, and chile pepper into a saucepan. Season with cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, carefully puree the tomatillos and water in batches until smooth.