- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar + 1/4 cup white sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed (I tried 5 ripe bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and white sugar. Stir in eggs, applesauce, bananas and vanilla extract. Fold in raisins and nuts if desired. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until a knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.