- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- lemon pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
I have one thing that I do every time I cook salmon. I always make a little foil packet for each fillet and close it up, leaving a little room for air to circulate inside. If you bake the foil packets on a cookie sheet at 425 for about 15 minutes (slightly longer depending on number of fillets), the salmon cooks to perfection every time! This is a great recipe to use when preparing salmon in foil packets… it poaches gently in its on juices and always comes out so tender and delicious!
My husband really liked this one. I used 1/3 c. lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. black pepper instead of the lemon pepper. I cut the soy sauce to 1/4 c. to lesson the salt flavor and used only 1 T.