8 ounces, weight Bucatini Or Spaghetti
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 whole Red Onion, Sliced
1-1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved
3/4 cups White Wine
4 cloves Garlic
optional: chili flakes
6 whole Anchovy Filets
1/4 cup Assorted Pitted Olives (submerged in water in advance)
6 whole Basil Leaves
4 ounces, weight Good Parmesan Cheese
1. Mash (in this order) garlic, anchovies, and olives using a mortar and pestle, or just chop them finely together. Set aside.
2. Using a fork, crumble the Parmesan cheese.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced red onions and cook until slightly caramelized. Add mixture from Step 1.
4. Add halved tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Pour in wine and cook for another two minutes.
6. Stir and continue cooking for several minutes, or until sauce is nice and reduced and wonderful.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add the crumbled Parmesan and toss to coat pasta in the sauce.
9. Tear basil leaves and sprinkle over the top. Serve right out of the skillet.