7 oz./ 200 g seaweed
1-2 tbsps. freshly grated ginger root
1-2 tbsps. crushed garlic cloves
1-2 hot red peppers, finely chopped
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1 tsp. sugar, or to taste
1. Before cooking, rinse seaweed well through running water, then cut into thin strips.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, blanch seaweed briefly, less than 1 minute, then remove to cold water to stop the cooking. Drain well and place to a mixing bowl then.
3. Salt out the seaweed.
3. Stir into the crushed garlic cloves, grated ginger root, chopped hot red peppers and rice vinegar, stir to mix everything together. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Taste and season with salt and sugar, drizzle over sesame oil if desired.
5. Remove to a plate and serve.