1.5 cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 ¼ cups flour
¾ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1⁄3; teaspoons baking soda
¼ cup buttermilk (I’ve always used sour milk)
1 cup chopped pecans
4 -5 bananas (use completely black bananas, this is very important)
1. Heat oven to 350°. Grease or spray 2 loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a masher or by well washed hands.
3. Dissolve soda in buttermilk– use a larger container as it will foam up quite a bit.
4. Mix all ingredients by hand and add in 1 cup chopped nuts. Bake at 350° for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out ALMOST clean (Totally clean will mean a dryer loaf.)
5. Let cool 15 minutes after removing from oven and remove from pans.
7. Or, let cool, cover with foil, slide into freezer bags and freeze.
8. Great when using tin foil pans.