1 Blue Mackerel
1 Cup Korean Radish
1 Green Onion
1 Hot Pepper
1 Dried Anchovy Pack (6 Dried Anchovies)
2 Cups Water
1 Tbsp Red Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Sugar
⅛ tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
¼ tsp Minced Ginger
2 Tbsp Cooking Wine (Mirin)
1½ Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Soup Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Red Pepper Paste (Gochujang)
1. Cut the vegetables as pictured.
2. In a pan, add 2 cups of water, 6 dried anchovies, and 1 cup of radish.
3. Once it starts to boil, cook for 5 minutes to make the broth. Then remove the dried anchovies only.
4. Cut 1 mackerel into 2-3 inch pieces.
5. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce.
6. Put the mackerel on top of the radish and pour the sauce on top of the mackerel. Boil until the soup has reduced to half. Do not stir the mixture. Occasionally pour the stew’s broth over the fish and radish pieces.
7. Add the onion on top of the stew. Cook until the mackerel has completely cooked.
8. Again, often pour the broth on top, so it will flavor the fish and radish pieces. When the mackerel has finished cooking, add the green onions and hot peppers. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Used 3 fish, 2x recipe (except gochujang, only 1.5x)
Daikon soup very sweet!
Use fresh mackerel :<