Nutella & Peanut Butter Brownies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
4 tbsp peanut butter (I used chunky)
4 tbsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line 8 inch x 8 inch pan with baking parchment.
- Melt butter then stir in sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in all of the remaining dry ingredients.
- Heat Nutella and peanut butter until runny. Stir into brownie mix.
- Pour into tin and bake for about 25 min until top forms a crust.
– Easy recipe. Used half as much of sugar, may have forgotten the dash of salt.
– One source says use 180c, another says 350c? After 20 minutes with 180c, the brownies were still very liquidy.
– Taste peanut butter. Do not taste nutella.
Try this recipe next time:
1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
About 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cups of a mini muffin pan with liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Put the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
3. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 2/3 full). Melt peanut butter slightly in the microwave, about 20 seconds. Place about a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on each muffin and swirl into the batter with a toothpick. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
4. Bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Don’t overbake! Set on a rack to cool completely. Serve immediately or cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
(Adapted from http://www.bakerita.com/?p=565)