- I volunteered to care for Jen’s basil plant over winter break. I just transplanted a basil plant this morning. I hope I did not kill it. The basil plant outgrown its original black plastic pot. Roots were winding all across the boundary of the black plastic pot.
- Tomorrow morning, I will have to split the basil plant into two pots. I will cut the bottom of the rootball and try to separate the root ball.
- I will also cut above the bottom two pairs of leaves and harvest immediately to encourage more growth.
- When you see flowers –> pluck them off. The flower grown will change the taste of the basil.
- Harvest often
- If white mold persists, water plant with 1:1 water to H2O2 mixture as well as place plants outside. The air around the plant is too humid and thus promotes mold :<
- Has list of compatible plants: http://www.bloomingarden.com/herbswelcome.html
- Transplanting issue: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/herbs/msg071402595766.html
- Encourage growth: http://www.howtogrowbasil.com/harvesting-basil/
- Great guide: http://www.basilgardening.com/growth-and-care-of-basil/