1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
Dash of Salt
1 1/2 cups white sugar
0.6 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup lemon juice
(make extra lemon topping in case you need to add more)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Then add 2 cups of flour.
3. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Layer should be less than 1/4inch thick; layer should double in size when baked.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. Wait for crust to cool.
5. Add thin layer of blueberry preserves.
6. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 0.6 cup flour.
7. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour over the cooled crust. Layer should be about 1/2 inch thick. Layer will condense when baked.
8. Bake for an additional 25~30 minutes in the preheated oven.
9. Cool in fridge for about 1~2 hours. The bars will firm up as they cool.
Get longer strands of lemon zest.
I need a higher lemon topping ratio to crust :<
Damn good crust 🙂
Should I cut the lemon bars when they are room temp?
(Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/the-best-lemon-bars/detail.aspx)