I first ate this at Yonsei’s KLI (Korean Language Institute) cafeteria. It was really tasty and healthy :). At first, I didnt know if the “noodles” were made from vegetables or grains! I am glad I was able to find the recipe online. I will make it when I am back in the states ^^.
2 Cups Seaweed Jelly Noodles (CheonSaChae)
5 to 6 Tbsp Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar or Apple Vinegar
2 Tbsp Sugar
½ tsp Salt
1. Cut the onion, carrot, and cucumber thinly.
2. Cook the noodles for 15 seconds in the boiling water.
3. Drain the water. Right after draining water, add 1 Tbsp of vinegar, 4. 1 Tbsp of sugar, and ½ tsp of salt.
5. Mix everything together and set it aside for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, add the chopped onions and 2 drops of vinegar into cold water. Set it aside for 10 minutes. This will help reduce the strong onion flavor a little.
7. After 10 minutes, drain the water. Remove the left over water with a paper towel.
8. After 20 minutes, drain the liquid from the noodles.
9. Combine the noodles, all of the vegetables, and 5 to 6 Tbsp of mayonnaise.
10. Mix everything together. Depending on your tastes, you may want to add 1 Tbsp of sugar or so.