3 Yellow Croaker Fish
2 Cups Korean Radish (10 oz)
2 Green Onions
1 Hot Pepper (Optional)
4 Cups Water
1 Dried Anchovy Pack (6 Dried Anchovies)
5 Pieces Kelp (1 x 2 inch)
2 Tbsp Soup Soy Sauce
1½ Tbsp Hot Pepper Oil
1 Tbsp Red Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Cooking Wine
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
¼ tsp Minced Ginger
1. To make the broth, start with 4 cups of water, and then add 1 dried anchovy pack and 5 pieces of kelp. Boil it on medium-high for 5 minutes.
2. After rinsing 3 yellow croakers, cut the tail and fins with scissors.
3. 5 minutes later, remove the kelp from the broth, and boil for 5 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the vegetables. Peel off the radish skin and remove the bad parts. Cut it into 1 x 2 x ½ inch pieces.
5. Slice ½ of an onion into ½-inch pieces.
6. Cut 2 green onions into ½-inch pieces.
7. Cut 1 hot pepper into ½-inch pieces. The pepper is optional.
8. After the boiling is finished, remove the anchovy pack.
9. Add all of the ingredients for the seasoning to the broth. 2 Tbsp of soup soy sauce, 1½ Tbsp of hot pepper oil, 1 Tbsp of red pepper powder, 1 Tbsp of cooking wine, 1 Tbsp of minced garlic, and ¼ tsp of minced ginger.
10. Then add the radish and cook for several minutes with lid on it until it starts to boil again.
11. Add the fish and onions.
12. Cover the lid and cook for about 10 minutes on high. In this step, if you like spicy food, add 1 Tbsp of red pepper powder. Adjust the saltiness if you want.
13. About 10 minutes later, add the chopped green onions and hot peppers into the soup. Cook 2 more minutes on high and then turn off the heat. Be careful because it is easy to add too much pepper in the soup.