Serves 4 as side dish or first course
2 cups once cooked mashed potatoes
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 lg. egg, beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs, fine (optional)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper, finely ground
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt.
2. Beat egg lightly
3. In bowl of food processor, combine potatoes with flour, bread crumbs, salt and pepper, pulse to blend.
4. Add egg, pulse until ingredients are well incorporated and mixture forms ball. (dough should be stiff – add flour if needed).
5. Remove from food processor, place on lightly floured work surface.
6. Knead several times.
7. Measure out spoonfuls of dough using wet spoon
8. Form into small balls with wet hands and drop into boiling salted water. Reduce heat to medium.
9. Cook about 2-3 minutes until dumplings float to the surface.
Accompanied by roast meats and poultry, and topped with gravy