old, stale French baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
5~6 tablespoons olive oil
2~3 tablespoon butter
4 cloves garlic, pureed (not chopped)
grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped FINELY
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut baguette into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. In a pan, heat the butter/olive oil. Add garlic and salt, and pepper when butter melted. Add parsley near the end to bring out its natural fragrance.
4. Take a brush and dip the butter mixture onto the bread. I don’t like to drizzle because it gives me unevenly flavored croutons.
5. Sprinkle a layer of cheese evenly.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Toss them and add cheese, bake for 10 more minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool. DO NOT COVER THEM WITH ANYTHING OR THEY WILL GET SAD SOGGY.
8. Keep these in an airtight container (after they have cooled) for up to one week.
make Parmesan cheese cookies with a cupcake holder 🙂