1 Cucumber, julienned (English Cucumber good! try Kirby)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 stalk of green onion, chopped
4 tablespoon vinegar
2 teaspoon sugar
3 cups of water
5 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon green chili pepper
2 teaspoon red hot chili pepper
1. Cut the cucumber’s skin in long strips.
2. Put about 2 cups of cucumber, cut into thin strips (julienne style) or slices, into the bowl. Salt them.
3. Add garlic, green onion, green chili pepper to the cucumber in the bowl.
4. Add salt, fish sauce, vinegar, and sugar to the bowl and mix it well with a spoon.
5. Pour cold water to the bowl and mix it.
6. Place into the refrigerator for at least 3 hour to become cool, crisp, and flavorful.
(Adapted from http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/oi-naengguk)