1 mackerel (1¼ pound or about 600 grams), salt, vegetable oil,
1. Remove the guts from the fish
2. Rinse the fish in cold water and drain.
3. Cut it in half crosswise.
4. Sprinkle a total of 0.25 tbs kosher salt evenly on both sides of each piece of fish.
5. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
Total cooking time 17 minutes
1. Preheat the oven and set it broil.
2. Rub some vegetable oil on both sides of the fish.
3. Broil on the bottom rack of the oven for 10 minutes, meat side first.
4. Turn it over to cook 4 more minutes on skin side, until golden brown.
(Adapted from http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/grilled-mackerel)