Spaghetti Hong Kong style:
(Adapted from http://forums.about.com/ab-chinesefood/messages/?msg=1366.1)
– 0.5 lb Spaghetti
– 2 teaspoon salt
– cilantro (to taste)
– cheese powder (to taste)
Ingredients for meat sauce:
– 0.4 lb ground beef
– 1 small can tomato paste (or tomato sauce)
– 4 tomatoes
– 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
– 1/2 large onion (finely chopped)
– 1 clove of garlic (minced)
– 2 slices of ginger (minced)
– 1 bay leave
– 1/4 cup red wine
– 1 tablespoon flour
– 1 cup water
– salt, white pepper (to taste)
– (1) Remove skins on tomatoes, cook in a pan to form a broth
– In a pan, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over medium heat, add onion, garlic, ginger. When onions become translucent, add ground beef
– When ground beef is done, add red wine. Bring to a boil. Add flour. Stir rapidly.
– Add tomato paste and fresh tomato made in (1). Stir well.
– Add water, chicken bouillon and bay leave, bring to a boil. Then turn down fire. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
– When the sauce is concentrated to 60% of previous volume, add salt and white pepper. Cook another 10 minutes.
– Cook spaghetti in water separately until el dante. Drain water, pour on a plate. Add meat sauce, lay cilantro and sprinkle cheese powder on top.